26th-April-2012 3 Day Outlook
Friday night will be mostly dry and cold with clear spells. However scattered showers will affect Ulster and Leinster coasts. Heavy showers of rain or hail will spread southwestwards over the country on Saturday with a risk of thunder. It will be cool with highest temperatures of 8 to 10 degrees.
On Sunday, after a mostly dry start, heavy rain will spread from the east and extend to all areas with a risk of hail and thunder. It will continue through Sunday night and further spells of heavy rain or showers will follow on Monday.
More heavy rain or showers will move in from the east during Tuesday and will become widespread.
What precautions should you take if a storm is forecast?
• Ensure your property is well maintained; fixtures, fittings, pipes, drains and structures exposed to wear and tear are repaired and renewed.
• Clear drains in particularly if a storm is expected.
• Inspect roofs regularly for loose slates/tiles.
• Leave electric gates open in case of power cuts.
• In case of loss of power keep a torch close by.
• Visit neighbours to see if you can help them.