Take heed of weather warnings in force. Some simple tips:
•Be prepared for power failures and be patient with overstretched ESB workers working in difficult conditions
•Have candles and torches handy
•Dont underestimate the conditions or be bravado about your driving ability – let the storm pass
•Loose property outside like Wheelie bins or garden furniture should be stowed away…
•Stay away from coastal areas or bridges, don’t put members of the emergency services lives at risk through stupidity
•Check on elderly neighbours
•Have the emergency services numbers on your phone
•Make sure your mobile phone is charged fully
Keep an eye and ear out for updates as they come in, hopefully it won’t be as severe as expected
For our business customers:
• Protect windows from flying debris.
• Walk the grounds; move objects inside that could become missiles in high winds.
• Anchor any equipment stored outside that could be moved by high winds.
• Move supplies stored outside to inside storage.
• Protect vital records against flooding and wind.
• Secure backup records.
• Inspect fire protection equipment.
• Check the supply and serviceability of sandbags.
Hurricane Ophelia: Schools in eight counties to close in face of ‘worst storm in more than 50 years’
via The Irish Times
We will be in the office when safe. In the event you need to contact the office email email@example.com