- Put your heating on a timer – proven to help avoid burst pipes
- Make sure your home policy has uplift for contents for Christmas (available on most policies)
- Clean your gutters if you get a chance!
- Let your car run for a few minutes before you leave home – allows the engine to heat up naturally and clears the windows – improving visibility, comfort and helping maintain your engine
- Don’t use spurious chargers or multi plugs – they start a lot of fires
- Treat your home to a fire extinguisher, because you never know
- Check the tyres on your car – they are your safety margin – don’t cut corners here
Colm Mahon CIP QFA | Director