Ophelia Claims advice
- Contact your Insurance Broker for professional independent advice, they’re working on your behalf. They will notify the insurance company for your and help you through the claims process.
- Do not repair damage without getting authorisation.
- Temporary or emergency repairs only
- Take photos of all damage.
- Keep all damaged material – Loss assessor (working for insurance company) may want to see same.
- If you are insured directly with an insurance company, you may be potentially at a disadvantage negotiating settlements and getting your claim paid, as the same people who you bought off are now handling your claim
- You may need to consider employing a Loss adjustor (working on your behalf), for a fee.
- Be patient and realistic with your expectations on a timeframe, resources will be pushed to the limit given the nature of this weather event