In a challenging time for business, of any size, insurance is one of the first overheads looked at when the carving knife comes out to cutting costs – and rightly so. Here are some excellent reasons for getting your business insurance surveyed and tailored to your business for the times ahead:-
• In better times we allowed our covers to be index-linked and increase anywhere between 5-8% over a number of years. Have your sums insured calculated again – a broker’s job.
• Obsolete and redundant covers – often times in combined polices or insurance portfolios covers are renewed which are no longer necessary but for which you still pay.
• Changes in your business – Changes in staff numbers, extra health and safety measures or training can all help get your premium down.
• Physical improvements on the premises – Has a CCTV system, Fire alarm or building been upgraded which could help get the premium down.
• Claims – you may have been loaded for a claim in the last few years, however if it’s over 5 years ago, most insurers will disregard it.
The above are just a small sample of the reasons it makes sense to get your cover surveyed and get the price down. Call us at Doyle Mahon Insurances today at 053-91 23630 today and let us help you get your costs down